Saturday, January 26, 2008

Vancouver, B.C. Jellyfish Cloud But Triangular And Rectangular

Posted: January 26, 2008

Date: January 5, 2005 Time: 12:00 -2:00 p.m.

Location of Sighting: NE Number of witnesses: 1 Number of objects: 2 Shape of objects: One triangular, one rectangle/w strip.

Full Description of event/sighting: January 5, 2005 at 12:00 p.m. I was headed out for the bus and noticed the triangular cloud that was slowly moving "against" the wind, it was coming from the NE, headed slowly SE and maintained it's original shape. At first I saw it from within my home facing due E, but when I got outside it was still there, same shape continuing on SE course. I live close to the Ocean so most of our winds are from the West, especially where I am situated. While riding the bus I also begin to notice a rectangle shaped cloud (sq shape visible inside it) with a long, long white line loosely attached to it while it moved slowly as well in the SE direction. These two clouds could have been just that, but within them you could definitely see the sharp line of something that was within the white mist. Over the two hour span I watch these items move slowly, without changing direction or shape for 2 hours.

I have never seen a cloud or clouds period, move against the wind, in this direction it would have taken quite a bit of power to do so, but then they were moving almost slow enough to fall. I'm certain somebody else within the city has noticed this, but on a clear crisp day such as this, there's no doubt someone had to see these. Clear day, cool, little to no clouds other than what I witnessed. I have been observing quite a few aerial anomalies from where I am situated. I live in the Southern part of Vancouver city, up high, 10 minutes from the airport, and fully know the fly times and routes. These were not planes, they were for all intents and purpose cloud covers for something that did not want to be seen on a clear day. These two sightings remind me of the big "jellyfish" cloud but triangular and rectangular. I am just puzzled at it. This is my first report, it won't be my last I guess.

Additional Information:

Now Brian...my first spotting this was due east at 11:59 a.m today, 01-05-05. and I was preparing to go out. I ended up watching this triangular sighting for about 35 minutes in awe, and finally got up and left. Walked two blocks to 41st and Victoria, the entire sight was still above and highly visible, although I knew it was lingering far longer than it should have, every other whisp of clouds had long since disappeared, but both sightings began in the same place and moved equally slow to the SE. My estimate for total length of time for both sightings is approximately 1 hour and ...say 43 minutes, now then.....not bad for two different shapes, with tails, going same direction no other clouds around in a clear blue sky.....when was the last time you saw a triangular cloud or rectangle shaped one? This was the hook for me, = reporting.

Thank you to the witness for the report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: