Wednesday, May 13, 2009

North Surrey, British Columbia A Large Red Pulsing Light

Posted: May 13, 2009

Date: May 13, 2009
Time: 22:40 - 23:00

Location of Sighting: N. Surrey, B.C. Canada.
Number of witnesses: 2
Number of Objects: 1
Shape of Objects: Unknown.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: I was sitting out on my deck with my wife. Weather was mild and skies very clear. Noted a number of aircraft which mainly appeared to be heading for YVR or Vancouver airport. What caught my attention was that a number of those planes appeared to be on their final approach, then suddenly appeared to veer away. I noticed a large reddish/whitish light which appeared to be hanging motionless in the air and appeared to be in the vicinity of the airport almost directly over the approach.

At first I thought it must be the landing light of a plane heading right for me. I grabbed my binoculars to check and could not see the usual green and red running lights. I could see a large red pulsing light superimposed on top of a larger glowing whitish object.

The red light seemed to be quite sharply defined as a circle almost like looking at a stop light but the mass behind it was just that a glowing mass. I watched the object for several minutes and did not see any movement. I mentioned it to my wife and got the standard reply of its just an airplane. I gave her the binoculars and after looking at it, she realized it was not like any plane she had ever seen before. We continued to watch and soon realized it was slowly drifting further north away from the approach lanes. Several large planes approached to land and I noticed they appeared to be quite similar in size to the object and the running lights were plainly visible.

They didn't appear to pay any attention to the object but headed straight in to land. After about ten minutes I noticed what appeared to be a small plane heading right for the object, as it approached the object. The object appeared to move away to the north at about the same speed and it appeared to give off a burst of light as the sky lit up with a reddish glow for a short time. This soon put both the plane and the object behind some trees. We lost sight of the plane but could still see the object flashing through gaps in the tree branches. We continued to watch until approx: 23:00 when it moved a little further north and was completely obscured. I don't know if the object had anything to do with what appeared to be evasive movement of the planes that first caught my attention or if it was just a coincidence, anyway since last night was the first night that was warm enough to be really comfortable it started off the season with a bang.

Thank you to the witness for their sighting report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research and host of the Vike Report UFO Eyewitness radio show. email: hbccufo@telus.net Blog: http://hbccuforesearch.blogspot.com/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO