Monday, September 26, 2011

Jellyfish Like Object Seen Over Parson British Columbia

Date: September 24 and 26, 2011
Time: 7:30 and 6:30 a.m.

Number of witnesses: 1
Number of Objects: 1
Shape of Objects: Jellyfish like and round.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: I was looking for the Elenin comet and saw a bright light moving up the horizon in the s/se direction and then it stopped about 50 degrees in the sky. I went outside and using my binoculars, I observed it for several minutes before it faded from sight with the sun rise.

It looked like a jellyfish with a white round center, opaque middle and dots around the outside ring. You could see slight movement so I thought it was the comet coming straight at me as there was no tail.

Two days later at 6:30 am I was sitting in my sunroom and noticed two bright lights. One I assume was Jupiter and the other I assumed was the comet. I went outside with my binoculars and couldn't get a good image of the object, and then it started moving!

It moved quickly across the sky and disappeared over the mountains behind me (east). It was very bright and had no flashing lights and no sound. I'm puzzled. I found out afterwards that I probably can't see Elenin from my location yet.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/