Sunday, April 27, 2008

Victoria, British Columbia A Large Oval Shaped UFO (Lights Or Windows)

Posted: April 27, 2008

Date: 1963
Time: Evening.

Location of Sighting: Victoria, B.C.
Number of witnesses: 4
Number of objects: 1
Shape of objects: Circular with row of lights.

Full Description of event/sighting: Hi Brian

In 1963 I lived with my parents and brothers in Victoria. For those who know the area, we were just to the north of Mt Tolmie , near the University of Victoria. That area, with the exception of the solitary mountain, is flat with lots of visible sky.

This event took place early on a quiet summer evening. After dinner mother had walked a few blocks to visit a friend. My younger brother and I were the only two at home. He was 13 at the time. The sky was clear, there was no wind and the sun had just set so it was still light, probably around 8:30 or 9:00 P.M. My brother decided to also walk to the house where mom was visiting. I think he was motivated by her baking. She always had cookies for him when ever he visited.

I was having a peaceful evening at home when the phone rang. It was my mother calling from her friend's house. She quickly told me to go outside and look south toward the mountain. I rushed to the window just in time to see a large oval shape disappear over the mountain top. By the time I actually focused on it, it was gone.

Apparently as my brother was walking to meet mom, he saw a large oval shaped silver object quickly coming from the north. It was similar in shape to a blimp but much larger. With a outward curve in the center on the top and bottom it resembled two soup plates joined at the rims. It also had a row of lights or windows that appeared to encircle the middle where the rims would have met (if it had been two soup bowls). It was at an altitude of maybe 500 feet. It was definitely low enough that it did not reflect the recently set sun. There was no sound and it was moving slightly faster than a small plane.

He wasn't sure if he should run home and tell me or keep going and tell mom. Being a bit closer to mom's friend's house he kept going and burst in the kitchen door telling them to come outside. They did. Mom took one look and rushed back in to call me. Although her viewing was very brief she described the object the same as my brother did. So did her friend. It was in sight for probably a total of five minutes. That would be the length of time for my brother to run a block, show mom and then for mom to phone me and for me to look out the window.

That was all any of us saw. If anybody else did as well, we never heard. We also never heard that any kind of blimp was in the area and in those days that would have been a news item. It is even today.

Oddly, my brother now has very little memory of what he saw. He is even a bit uncomfortable talking about it which is quite out of character. He is a little confused by that as am I. It was quite an event at the time.

Perhaps this will jog the memory of anybody else who might have seen what we did. I could be out a year on the date but I think I'm correct on that.

Thank you to the witness for the excellent report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research and host of the Vike Report UFO Eyewitness radio show. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

Radio show host for the Vike Report, eyewitness relating their experiences.
http://jancikradionetwork.com/innerstreamsradio/show/vike_report/index.html

Just added, the Vike Report Radio Show Blog. You can check the blog out for archived radio shows and all the new and upcoming programs I do.
http://thevikereport.blogspot.com/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: