Sunday, March 2, 2008

Rayleigh, British Columbia Strange Object Making Unusual Maneuvers

Posted: March 2, 2008

Date: 2003
Time: Early morning hours.

Hello there, I was just perusing your report on the July 28th sightings and would like to add my story.

First of all, I'm not sure what it was that we saw in the early morning hours and I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

I live in a community about 10km north of Kamloops called Rayleigh. Here we have the luxury of rural life while still enjoying the a few of the benefits of city life. There are few street lights, the yards are large and there is a peacefulness that many of us take for granted. It had been so hot for so long, since May, that it was near impossible to sleep, so my sister, who was visiting, and I decided to go for a midnight swim. The kids were already sleeping and a quiet dip in the pool seemed so inviting after spending the day in the hot sun with screaming kids splashing around.

We were floating in the pool and were looking east toward the mountains when we saw a light. It was in the distance approx. 2km away, round and white. There was no beam, no arc, just a light much the sort a flashlight might appear to be from a distance.

At first we thought it might be a helicopter because of the way it weaved and bobbed from side to side and up and down. For quite some time we watched it and theorized why a helicopter would be out in the dark. Then we realized that we could not hear a motor and our helicopter idea was shot down. In the valley where we live we should have heard and felt the reverberation of the rotating blades, but we didn't. The night was so quiet that we could hear a truck coming down the highway for miles. What now? We discussed the possibility of it being a dirt bike or a mountain bike out for midnight ride on the mountain, but saw the light suddenly shoot up into the air ABOVE the highest surface of the mountain then weave its way DOWN, and shoot back up and weave down again. You know, we must have watched that light do that for at least thirty minutes and, to this day, still cannot explain what we saw. After about an hour or so my sister and went inside and didn't think too much more about the strange light.

Then I found your report and, just maybe, this fits.

So now you have it. It's the best that I can recall of the details. I can so vividly remember that light shooting up and weaving down, and the funny feeling I had when I realized that was certainly not a helicopter, nor a dirt or mountain bike. It was something that I couldn't rationalize and, after a while, I stopped thinking about it. I'm not even sure how I found your report as I certainly wasn't looking for it.

Perhaps you can come up with a sane explanation, as I surely cannot. Thank you.

Thank you to the witness for a very interesting sighting report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research and host of the Vike Report UFO Eyewitness radio show. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

Radio show host for the Vike Report, eyewitness relating their experiences.
http://jancikradionetwork.com/innerstreamsradio/show/vike_report/index.html

Just added, the Vike Report Radio Show Blog. You can check the blog out for archived radio shows and all the new and upcoming programs I do.
http://thevikereport.blogspot.com/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: