Friday, August 22, 2014

Houston British Columbia Fire Camp For China Nose Wildfire (Pictures)


Today (August 22, 2014) I was heading down highway 16 just outside my home town of Houston, British Columbia when I drove by the fire camp. It holds a lot of the things the fire fighters would need when working on the China Nose Wildfire.

Actually I spoke with a fellow who was keeping people from driving up towards the fire on the Knockholt road, and he said the wildfire was approximately 45% contained. Of course as we know, things can change very quickly.

Here is the last update on the China Nose Wildfire: Friday, August 22, 2014 at 9:52 AM

There has been a estimated 3,700.0 hectares burnt

There are 181 firefighters working on this Wildfire. Also 11 helicopters and 13 pieces of heavy equipment, plus there are 34 support staff. assigned to this fire.

I do want to say a big thank you to all involved with fighting this fire. I did this myself years ago and it was a tough and dirty job.

For all updates, please visit the Wildfires of Note webpage at:
http://bcwildfire.ca/hprscripts/wildfirenews/OneFire.asp?ID=517


Photo above: Picture of the "fire camp" sign at the side of the highway. 
Also my white Jeep in the picture as well.



Brian Vike.
Box 1091
Houston, British Columbia, Canada.

Email: sighting@telus.net or b_vike@telus.net
The Vike Factor -  Houston, British Columbia Centre For UFO Research. Canadian UFO Investigator Brian Vike.